FAQ for Day 1 Participation
1. What time should I arrive?
Delegates should arrive at 7:30 AM to begin registration.
Speakers should arrive at 8:00 AM in preparation to enter the auditorium.
2. Where will the conference be?
The first day of the conference will be held at The Arts Centre, Jerudong International School, Jalan Universiti, Bandar Seri Begawan BE2119.
3. What do I need to bring for Summit Registration?
Your name is in the system once you filled out the online registration form. Please bring along your IC for us to identify that you are you! No ticket is necessary to be presented.
4. What should I wear to the Day 1 Summit?
The conference dress code is smart casual. No slippers or shorts. It is advised that you bring an extra layer (e.g. a jacket), because the venue will be air conditioned.
5. Can I wear my school uniform?
School uniform is not necessary.
6. Will I get a printed Conference Program Booklet?
No. We are going paperless! The Conference Program Booklet can be downloaded from BIBDyes.com/program.
7. What else should I bring?
· Note taking materials (e.g. pen and paper)
· Reusable water bottle (water may be filled at water dispensers)
· Money for snacks and lunch (prices from $3 and up)
8. Can I bring my laptop?
We discourage bringing large valuables during the conference. A laptop may be distracting to others in the auditorium because of light and sound. However, we do encourage you to bring note taking materials.
9. Where can I go for help or information on the day?
There will be staff at the Registration and Information Table for the day, along with our crew members in “Crew” and “Leader” t-shirts around the venue.
10. Are seats allocated?
No, it is free seating. It is also not necessary to sit with your school mates. We highly encourage you to meet some new friends! It is best to try to fill up seats from the front first. Please note that these seats will be yours for the length of the day.
11. When should I be picked up from the conference?
While the conference ends at 5.00pm, we suggest 5:15pm – 5.30pm as the pick-up time. There will be some time after for networking opportunities, either with your new friends or with the speakers and conference crew.
12. Is lunch provided?
No. We will have a range of food vendors available with prices starting at $3. All food is halal, and vegetarian options will be available as well.
Gong Cha / Red Canopy: Bubble Tea & Chinese Food
Siew Mai King: Dim Sum
13. Can I leave for lunch?
As lunch is only for an hour, we encourage you to stay and network with other conference delegates and speakers. Vendors will be present during lunchtime in the foyer.
14. Can I bring my own food?
Yes. Please be responsible and use spill-proof and smell-proof containers.
15. Can I meet the speakers?
We encourage you to approach speakers during their free time at lunch or after the conference and to ask questions.
16. I have changed my mind about the Breakout Class that I would like to attend. What can I do?
Please choose your breakout sessions carefully, as seats are limited, and are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Please write to us if you want to change your breakout session early. We cannot guarantee availability of the session you desire in the last minute.
17. How do I find my breakout classes?
The Conference Program Booklet (PDF) will have the venue map, which will indicate the breakout room assignments.
18. Would I be receiving a Certificate?
Yes. Your schools will be distributing your Certificates of Participation after the event.
19. Will I get a YES Fun Run T-Shirt?
Only if you have registered for Day 2 Fun Run Activity.
20. Where can I collect my Fun Run T-Shirt?
You can collect it when you arrive at 7.30 am and register at the Registration and Information Table.
21. I have only registered for Day 1. Will I still be getting my Fun Run T-Shirt?
No. Fun Run T-Shirt is only provided for those registered for Day 2 Evening program.
22. Do I have to pay for the Fun Run T-Shirt?
No. This is included already in the Ticket fee, which has either been sponsored or paid.
23. What measures are you undertaking for COVID-19 Health & Safety precaution?
Following the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health, we have reduced the number of participants this year to 350 to allow for Social Distancing. In addition to this, the premises will be regularly disinfected and cleaned.
FAQ for Day 1 Participation