1. Do I come back to JIS for Day 2 of BIBD YES!?
No. Day 2 breakout classes will be conducted at different venues according to the class that you selected.
2. Where is my breakout class?
Please refer to the class details below.
– Brunei’s Wildlife: 7.30am – 9.30am at the Tasek Lama
– Creating Smart City: A workshop on Team Work, Creativity and Entrepreneurship: 9.30am – 11.30am (Venue TBA)
– Wellness Bootcamp: 9.30am – 11.30am at the Fitness Zone
– Building Confidence & Public Speaking Through Theatre & Play: 9.30am – 11.30am at the Relentless Academy of Performing Arts
– Understanding Multi-Media and TV Production: 9.30am – 11.30am at the Mahakarya Institute of the Arts Asia
– Building Emotional Resilience: How to Improve Your People Skills by Developing Perspective and Empathy?: 9.30am – 11.30am at the BIBD ALAF
– Community Building: Practical Ways on How Youth Can Make a Difference in the Community: 9.30am – 11.30am at the BIBD ALAF – If You Want to Start a Restaurant…: 10.00am – 12.00pm at the Laksamana College of Business
3. Are food and drinks provided?
No. This will be a half day session that ends before 12.00pm. There will be a 15 minute break time for you to eat. Please bring your own snack / food and water. There will be no vendors onsite for food purchase.
It is paramount that you eat breakfast before you attend your Day 2 event.
4. What should I wear?
For these workshops, please use Sportswear:
– Brunei’s Wildlife @ Tasek Lama
– Wellness Bootcamp @ Fitness Zone
For all other workshops, please wear Smart Casual.
5. Is there any session in the afternoon?
No, there will be no sessions in the afternoon. We will only have the Morning Breakout Classes, and the Evening Fun Run and Networking Dinner.
6. What should I bring?
For all workshops, please bring:
– A reusable water bottle
– Note-taking material (e.g. pen and paper)
– Snacks for your break
Wellness Bootcamp @ Fitness Zone
– Small towel
Brunei’s Wildlife @ Tasek Lama
– Small Towel
– Shades, Sunblock, Bugspray
– Small bag comfortable for walking
– Spending money for Tasek Lama or Bandarku Ceria local vendors
7. What happens if it rains?
– All venues are indoors, except for Tasek Lama.
– Your session will be switched to Community Building / Building Emotional Intelligence at ALAF, PGGMB Building starting at 9.30am
– You will be notified at 6.30am if your session at Tasek Lama is cancelled.
8. When and where should I be picked up?
Arrange for pick up at the same drop off location and at the respective ending time of your chosen breakout class.
9. Am I allowed to switch breakout classes?
Breakout class sign up is final, and you would not be able to change.